To crack down on the sale of knock-off designer fashion items, the CFDA and eBay have launched a collection of limited edition tote bags for its second ‘You Can’t Fake Fashion’ collection.
Over 75 A-List designers have jumped on board to design the one-of-a-kind purses, including the CFDA president and fashion mecca, Diane von Furstenberg. Betsey Johnson, Tommy Hilfiger, Ralph Lauren, Robert Geller, Tory Burch and Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen’s ‘The Row’ have also contributed to the collection.
The line-up includes designs ranging from basic canvas totes sporting the ‘You Can’t Fake Fashion’ slogan, to more extravagant editions that will have fashionista’s chomping at the bit to get their hands on one.
The duo’s first collaborative effort was a runaway hit and sold out in under two days. This year, the number of fashion-fraud busting bags available will be increased to meet demand. Each bag retails at about $200 and is for sale exclusively on eBay. All proceeds will go to the CFDA to help ensure that the next time you buy a covetable fashion piece, you’re getting the real deal.
The eBay and CDFA 'You Can't Fake Fashion' Line Fights Fraud
1. Counterfeit Fashion Crackdown - Opportunity for brands to create limited edition items to combat counterfeit products.
2. Collaborative Design Collections - Increasing popularity of limited edition designer collaborations to drive sales and combat fraud.
3. Charitable Fashion Initiatives - Growing trend of fashion brands partnering with non-profit organizations to raise funds and awareness.
1. Fashion Retail - Opportunity for fashion retailers to create limited edition collections to combat counterfeit products.
2. E-commerce - E-commerce platforms can collaborate with fashion brands to host exclusive limited edition collections that support charitable causes.
3. Non-profit - Opportunity for non-profit organizations to partner with fashion brands to raise funds and awareness for their causes.