Xmas Declarations from Dorothy isn't just some alternative holiday ornament made for the sake of being cool; there's a purpose and a meaning behind the inspiration for this piece.
The artist collective known as Dorothy created Xmas Declarations after Ctrl.Alt.Shift requested them to make a piece that speaks to conflict in third world communities. It's a silver grenade ornament that can be easily hung on any tree. The symbol of the grenade is a way to remind others of the damage and the catastrophe that violence and war creates in poorer countries. As an effort to raise awareness on these issues, several ornaments were delivered to press and peers.
Xmas Declarations is a limited edition release available in various independent design stores around Europe. Every purchase will make a donation to Ctrl.Alt.Shift to support their ongoing campaign.
Xmas Declarations Makes an Effort to Stop Global Conflict
1. Conflict Awareness Ornaments - Creating holiday ornaments that serve as symbols of conflict and raise awareness about global conflicts.
2. Artistic Activism - Using art as a medium to bring attention to social and political issues, such as war and violence in third world communities.
3. Limited Edition Social Impact Products - Designing and releasing limited edition products where proceeds are donated to support ongoing campaigns and initiatives.
1. Art and Design - Exploring innovative ways of using art and design to address and create awareness about pressing global issues.
2. Non-profit Organizations - Collaborating with artistic collectives and designers to create products that align with their mission and raise funds for their campaigns.
3. Retail - Partnering with independent design stores to promote and sell limited edition products with a social impact.