Etyomotoc has announced the world's first in-ear wireless headphones. The company is well known in the world of hearing aids, but also offers high fidelity audio. The headphones use bluetooth technology to deliver crisp wireless audio. I am sure these don't cause cancer at all...
Etymotic Research, the inventor of in-the-ear high-fidelity earphones, today introduced the etyâ€¢8â„¢ Bluetooth stereo earphones, the industry's first and only in-the-ear wireless earphones. The etyâ€¢8 earphones also are the only Bluetooth earphones with high-accuracy sound reproduction and full noise exclusion.
The new earphones are the smallest stereo Bluetooth earphones, able to fit easily in a pocket or purse. Each earphone weighs less than half an ounce; one contains the battery and the other the circuit antenna and controls. The etyâ€¢8 earphones, which work with iPod devices and other Bluetooth-enabled music players, are supported completely by the ear canal â€“ with no external support required â€“ for comfortable long-term use. A large selection of eartips is supplied to accommodate different ear sizes.
As the first wireless in-the-ear earphones, the etyâ€¢8 Bluetooth earphones give users much more freedom of movement and flexibility in how they listen to their music players. For example, users can place their iPod® players in a pocket or armband or on a nearby desk or table â€“ and listen to music wirelessly and privately while exercising or moving about, without having to manage wires between the iPod and the earphones.
1. In-ear Wireless Headphones - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop high-quality, affordable in-ear wireless headphones for consumers.
2. Bluetooth Earphones - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create new and improved Bluetooth earphones with high-accuracy sound reproduction and full noise exclusion features.
3. High-fidelity Audio - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop new technologies that deliver high-fidelity audio in a wireless, in-ear format.
1. Audio Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create new, cutting-edge technologies for audio equipment manufacturers that deliver wireless, high-accuracy sound reproduction.
2. Consumer Electronics - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop affordable, high-quality wireless headphones for consumers who value convenience and freedom of movement.
3. Healthcare - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Use wireless audio technologies to create groundbreaking hearing aid devices that offer superior sound quality and noise reduction features.