Sailor imagery has always been popular in the world of pin up art. Lingerie designer What Katie Did has taken this one step further with their range of sailor lingerie and corsets which are inspired by the 1940s US naval uniform. Details such as the satin-covered buttons on the knickers and embroidered stars on the suspender belt put this range one step ahead of other sailor-style costumes.
‘What Katie Did’ has been producing faux vintage lingerie, corsets and stockings since 1999. The majority of their designs are inspired by designs from the 1940s and 1950s.
'What Katie Did' Releases Sexy Sailor Undergarments
1. Sailor-inspired Lingerie - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating modern and stylish lingerie designs that draw inspiration from vintage sailor imagery.
2. Nostalgic Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Developing clothing lines that tap into the nostalgia of past eras, such as the 1940s and 1950s, while incorporating modern elements.
3. Retro-themed Costumes - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Designing costumes that capture the essence of specific time periods, such as sailor uniforms from the 1940s, with attention to detail and high-quality craftsmanship.
1. Lingerie - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introducing unique and themed lingerie collections that offer customers a fresh take on intimate clothing.
2. Fashion - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporating elements of nostalgia and vintage designs into modern fashion lines, appealing to consumers seeking retro-inspired styles.
3. Costume Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Creating authentic, historically accurate costumes inspired by specific time periods, providing customers with high-quality options for themed events and performances.