WattUp is an incredible wireless charging technology that is capable of transmitting power to mobile devices using the same radio bands as WiFi routers, without the use of cables or even charging mats. The technology was developed by California-based Energous, and is set to be incorporated into a range of household appliances from China-based Haier.
Energous and Haier signed a joint development agreement that will see the two companies working together to install WattUp technology in household appliances. These appliances can then be used to wirelessly charged people's mobile devices as they move about their home.
Devices equipped with the WattUp wireless charging technology can transmit 4 Watts of power over a radius of 4.5 meters.
Haier Household Appliances Will Be Fitted With 'WattUp' Technology
1. Wireless Charging Appliances - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop wireless charging appliances for various industries, such as smartphones, wearables, and smart home devices.
2. Wattup Technology - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore partnerships with tech companies to incorporate WattUp wireless charging technology into their devices, providing convenient and cable-free charging options.
3. Home Automation - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Integrate wireless charging technology into smart home systems, enabling seamless charging and powering of multiple devices.
1. Household Appliances - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Incorporate wireless charging technology into household appliances, transforming the way devices are powered and reducing the need for cables.
2. Consumer Electronics - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introduce WattUp wireless charging technology into consumer electronics, creating a new standard for device charging and eliminating the dependence on cables.
3. Renewable Energy - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Combine WattUp wireless charging technology with renewable energy sources, enabling wireless charging solutions that are not dependent on traditional power outlets.