The Vogue Italia ‘Lost in Details’ editorial is a unique take on the collage and scrapbook theme that many magazines and photographers have embraced as of late. Instead of being an abstract style montage like the Prada SS11 lookbook or an iconic painting-inspired artwork like the IMG FW12 NYFW show package, this editorial is much more subtle and playful.
Envisioned by Italian photographer Paolo Roversi for the magazine’s March 2012 issue, the Vogue Italia Lost in Details editorial stars model Arizona Muse. The American beauty is cleverly given a dual look in each image. Two shots are layered artistically on top of each other, often hinting at her nakedness underneath her clothing. The nudes are shot entirely in black and white, while the Prada-clad ones are in color.
The Vogue Italia ‘Lost in Details' Editorial is Chic
1. Unique Take on Scrapbook Photography - There is an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the art and photography industry to create unique and personalized scrapbook-style photographs.
2. Layering of Images in Fashion Photography - Using layering of images to showcase fashion and beauty products can be a new trend in the fashion and beauty industry.
3. Subtle and Playful Editorial Style - There is an opportunity for disruptive innovation in creating subtle and playful editorial styles for magazines and photographers.
1. Art and Photography - Art and photography industries can adopt this style to create unique scrapbook or personalized photo albums for their clients.
2. Fashion and Beauty - Fashion and beauty industries can use this technique to showcase their products in a personalized way.
3. Magazines and Photography - Magazines and photographers can adopt this subtle and playful editorial style to make their work stand out.