Sofia, Bulgaria-based photographer Ventzislav Iliev recently shot a series depicting various pieces of vegetable-crafted jewelry. Of course, the pieces are not meant to be actually worn, as they will rot, but rather to showcase the surprisingly elegant, fashion-savvy aesthetic of the plants.
From pepper necklaces to beet earrings, each piece is a feast for the eyes. The series is not meant to convey some environmental message though, but rather simply to convey the beauty of things often overlooked.
Ventzislav Iliev employs a dark, but not quite black and white color scheme. This gives the photographs a stylistic coherence, both throughout the series and each picture, while allowing the individual qualities of each vegetable to be showcased. The lighting, which tends to come in from the top right of each frame, enhances this effect.
This Ventzislav Iliev Series is Organic and Temporary
1. Vegetable Crafting - There is an opportunity to explore and market vegetable-crafted products as a unique and eco-friendly form of jewelry.
2. Fashion with Natural Elements - Incorporating organic materials, such as vegetables, into fashion can create a visually stunning and environmentally conscious aesthetic.
3. Photography as Art - Using photography to highlight often overlooked beauty, such as vegetable jewelry, can be a disruptive way to showcase unique artistic perspectives.
1. Jewelry - The jewelry industry can explore the use of vegetables as a creative and eco-friendly alternative to traditional materials.
2. Fashion - The fashion industry can incorporate natural elements, like vegetables, into clothing and accessories to create sustainable and innovative designs.
3. Photography - Photographers can find new avenues for artistic expression by capturing the beauty of unconventional subjects, such as vegetable-crafted jewelry.