Urban Outfitters is no stranger to inappropriate print t-shirts, and the Urban Outfitters ‘Eat Less’ tee is no exception. If you remember the t-shirt that was listed as ‘Obama/Black,’ which was subsequently pulled, let’s see what the backlash is for this t-shirt.
Like most of the models for the clothing giant, the Urban Outfitters ‘Eat Less’ gray t-shirt features an already anorexic-looking girl. What’s worse is the printed prompt asking girls everywhere to cut their food intake.
The Urban Outfitters 'Eat Less' Tee Stirs up Controversy
1. Body Positive Movement - Opportunities to promote body positivity and inclusivity in the fashion industry, challenging harmful beauty standards.
2. Ethical Fashion - Increased demand for clothing brands that prioritize ethical production practices, leading to innovative solutions for sustainable and responsible fashion.
3. Social Media Activism - Growing use of social media platforms to advocate against harmful products or messages, creating opportunities for online activism and awareness campaigns.
1. Fashion - Innovative fashion brands and retailers can disrupt the industry by promoting diverse body types and challenging harmful advertising strategies.
2. Health and Wellness - Opportunities for health and wellness organizations to partner with fashion brands in promoting body positivity and healthy lifestyle choices.
3. Digital Marketing - Increasing need for digital marketing agencies specializing in social media strategies to help brands navigate and respond to online activism.