After an unprecedented upheaval by Twitter followers of the canceled comedy ‘Chuck,’ NBC announced the show’s return to prime time. It wasn’t just the hardcore ‘Chuck’ fans on Twitter that made the difference, though, but an advertising partnership with sandwich chain Subway that helped the sitcom make the cut.
The Subway slogan was included as part of the dialogue in an episode of ‘Chuck’ last month. Subway execs believe that the wildly entertaining conspiracy comedy caters to Subway’s target demographic, suggesting that ‘Chuck’ viewers are most likely to be the food court-lounging type.
Advertisers are increasingly turning to enhanced positioning inside TV shows as an advertising method, so don’t be surprised if you see a real Subway restaurant as the official backdrop in the new season of ‘Chuck.’
‘Chuck' Reappears After Subway & Twitterverse Save
1. Enhanced Product Placement - The trend of advertisers using enhanced positioning inside TV shows presents an opportunity for brands to strategically showcase their products in a seamless and engaging way.
2. Social Media Rescues - The trend of social media followers mobilizing to save canceled TV shows opens up opportunities for fan engagement and partnerships with brands.
3. Targeted Advertising - The trend of advertisers targeting specific demographics through TV shows allows for more effective and tailored marketing campaigns.
1. Advertising - The advertising industry can explore opportunities to incorporate product placement and targeted advertising in TV shows.
2. Broadcasting - The broadcasting industry can leverage social media to engage with audiences and revive canceled TV shows.
3. Food and Beverage - The food and beverage industry can partner with TV shows that cater to their target demographic for enhanced brand exposure.