The Toronto Transit Commission or TTC has released a new series of TTC ads that aim to educate pedestrians about how their behavior can be altered to reduce the chances of them suffering from accidents.
The so-called 'Stay Focused, Stay Safe' campaign features a variety of posters that instruct pedestrians to pay more attention to what's going on around them -- an important message in a time when many pedestrians walk around busy city streets and subway platforms with their faces buried in their smartphone screens.
This ad campaign has unsurprisingly attracted a bit of controversy because it deviates from the norm by daring to ask pedestrians to take more responsibility for their safety. However, there's no question that this is a brash and bold ad campaign that will get pedestrians, drivers and motorists to think more about how pedestrian safety can be boosted.
These TTC Ads Encourage Pedestrians to Stay Focused and Stay Safe
1. Pedestrian Safety Education - Opportunity for businesses to develop innovative tools and strategies to educate pedestrians on the importance of staying focused and alert.
2. Distracted Walking Awareness - Potential for industries to create awareness campaigns and technologies that address the issue of distracted walking.
3. City Safety Initiatives - Disruption opportunities for companies to partner with municipalities and organizations to implement safety measures and promote responsible pedestrian behavior in urban areas.
1. Advertising - Advertising agencies can create impactful campaigns that raise awareness about pedestrian safety and encourage behavior change.
2. Technology - Tech companies can develop smartphone applications or wearable devices that alert pedestrians of potential dangers while walking.
3. Transportation - Transportation companies can collaborate with local authorities to implement safety features and educational programs to prevent accidents involving pedestrians.