Here are the top five charity galas for the Washington elite:
1. Kennedy Center Honors. Where the powerful and the stars gather in front of the television cameras to honor entertainment legends.
2. Gridiron Club dinner. White tie dinner in the winter marked with bad songs, bad jokes and more from the press corp.
3. White House Correspondents Association dinner and Bloomberg afterparty. Last year Stephen Colbert hosted what amounted to just a pre-party for the Bloomberg shindig. Reported to be one of the toughest tickets in town.
4. YouthAIDS Gala. Kentucky gal Ashley Judd hobnobs with the billionaires and entertainment stars for a very expensive live auction.
5. Washington National Opera Midwinter Gala. Themed to represent far away places that only lobbyists get to visit.