South Korean streetwear imprint THUG CLUB is making a name for itself as it was first founded by designer duo Min and Kwon. The brand has a subversive perspective when it comes to streetwear and the looks continue the conversation about the unapologetic approach to design.
Many of the inspirations behind the looks stem from expression and the liberty of those wearing what they want to. It can also be seen as the elderly around Seoul's Dongmyo Flea Market are often seen as free of restrictions when it comes to fashion. THUG CLUB is also known for its loud designs and is led by bold details such as the zipper pulls and motifs that care cast in metal for a stark look.
Image Credit: THUG CLUB
THUG CLUB Continues to Define South Korean Streetwear
1. Subversive Streetwear - Opportunity to create streetwear lines that push boundaries and challenge traditional design norms.
2. Loud Designs - Opportunity to incorporate bold details and motifs, such as metal castings, into clothing for a standout style.
3. Unapologetic Approach to Design - Opportunity to design apparel that reflects an unapologetic attitude towards style and fashion.
1. Fashion/apparel Industry - THUG CLUB's approach to streetwear design presents an opportunity for brands in the fashion and apparel industry to push boundaries and create bold, unique designs.
2. Metal Casting Industry - THUG CLUB's use of metal casting in their designs presents an opportunity for growth within the metal casting industry for the creation of unique embellishments for clothing and accessories.
3. Flea Market Industry - THUG CLUB's inspiration drawn from Seoul's Dongmyo Flea Market highlights an opportunity for both existing and emerging flea market industries to adapt to shifting consumer preferences in fashion and style.