Funko recently announced the launch of a new set of figurines based on the popular Netflix mini-series, 'The Queen's Gambit.' The three figurines include Beth Harmon at three prominent stages of her life portrayed throughout the series, beginning when she is a child playing chess in the basement of an orphanage to her playing at the Grandmasters.
The Queen's Gambit figurines perfectly capture the iconic outfits worn by Beth, including her orphanage uniform to her sophisticated and stylish garments. The figurines are now available to pre-order and make the perfect addition for fans of the hit series. Fans can purchase them online from GameStop for $11.99 USD each with an expected shipping date listed as April 20, 2021.
Image Credit: Funko
Funko to Debut New 'The Queen's Gambit' Figurines
1. Chess Player Figurines - The rise of popularity in chess-themed entertainment opens opportunities for customizable, collectible figurines targeting fans of the game.
2. TV Show-themed Collectibles - The demand for the Queen's Gambit figurines represents an opportunity for other figurine makers to cater to fans of TV shows with cult followings.
3. Retro Fashion Collectibles - The success of Queen's Gambit's figurines presents a lucrative opportunity for manufacturers to produce collectibles that feature characters in period clothing.
1. Collectibles - The demand for Queen's Gambit figurines and similar collectibles represents a growth opportunity for manufacturers and retailers in the collectibles industry.
2. Entertainment - Chess-themed entertainment like The Queen's Gambit opens up new opportunities for growth in the entertainment industry, particularly for online streaming platforms and traditional broadcast television networks.
3. Ecommerce - As online shopping becomes more popular, ecommerce companies, such as GameStop, will continue to reach new customers and grow their sector through sales of collectibles like the Queen's Gambit figurines.