The Pond by Raw Edges is an intriguing installation, created for Bloomberg Offices, that utilizes material that would have normally been discarded. The Pond is made out of 60 computer monitors, scattered in no particular pattern and surrounded by 40 wooden pallets that create a seating space for people to rest around it.
Displayed on The Pond by Raw Edges is an animation by Oscar Narud that shows fish, dragonflies, ducks and frogs swimming, flying and hopping between the screens. Considering all the materials that offices throw out after a renovation, every building could easily have one of these upcycled ponds.
The Pond by Raw Edges Mimics Nature Through Moniters
1. Upcycled Installations - Creating installations or structures that repurpose discarded materials, providing a sustainable and creative solution.
2. Digital Nature - Using technology to simulate natural environments and wildlife, blurring the lines between the digital and physical worlds.
3. Interactive Art - Designing immersive and interactive art experiences that engage and captivate visitors.
1. Eco-friendly Architecture - Building structures that prioritize sustainability by repurposing materials and incorporating natural elements.
2. Digital Media - Developing digital content and animations that bring virtual worlds and creatures to life.
3. Art and Design - Creating innovative art installations and experiences that push the boundaries of traditional artistic mediums.