The Vogue Nippon May 2010 editorial 'The Girl from Atlantis' features model Alla Kostromichova in underwater fashion treasures from Miu Miu, Versace and the late Alexander McQueen.
The calm waters in this shoot complement the ethereal beauty of the clothing, as each piece resembles something found in real-life sea waters. The clothing shines through the pages of this spread with sparking accents of beading, sequins, scales and pearls.
Shot by Solve Sundsbo and styled by George Cortina, the underwater fashion treasures glisten on 'The Girl from Atlantis.'
Solve Sundsbo Captures Alla Kostromichova as 'The Girl From Atlantis'
1. Underwater Fashion - The use of underwater environments in fashion photography or design can create immersive and visually stunning brand experiences for consumers.
2. Mermaid Aesthetic - The mermaid aesthetic can be implemented in various industries such as beauty, home decor, and fashion to attract a niche market interested in fantasy and magical elements.
3. Sustainable Underwater Fashion - With the increased exposure to underwater fashion, there is an opportunity to develop new sustainable materials that can be used in these designs to promote eco-friendly practices.
1. Fashion - Fashion designers can explore the use of underwater environments in their collections to create immersive brand experiences that engage consumers on a deeper level.
2. Beauty - Beauty brands can incorporate the mermaid aesthetic in their products or packaging to appeal to consumers interested in fantasy and magical elements.
3. Photography - Photographers can experiment with underwater shots to create unique and stunning visuals, sparking innovation in the world of fashion photography.