Athleta, a progressive athletics brand owned by Gap Inc., has announced the launch of its all-new "styling formula" called 'The Athleta Look.' The curated styling formula corresponds directly to the brand's recently released eight-piece performance capsule, which features a range of stylish technical pieces.
The new formula consists of an easy-to-implement three-step routine. First, the brand recommends customers start with a performance layer such as the Elation Split Fare and the Elation V-Neck Crop, which are perfect for a morning yoga class. Second, it recommends adding a performance base for all-day comfort, such as the Ascent Seamless Turtleneck. And then, lastly, finishing with an outwear layer, like the Primatwill Blazer.
"After listening to customers, we learned there was a demand for simplified shopping. Thus, we developed this fall capsule that creates more, with less. We created a wardrobe that moves at the speed of her life," said Ebru Ercon, VP of Design for Athleta.
Image Credit: Athleta
Atheta Debuts New Capsule and Styling Hack, 'The Athleta Look'
1. Performance Capsule Collections - Brands can create curated collections of technical clothing pieces to make shopping simpler for customers.
2. Styling Formulas - Offering easy-to-implement styling formulas can make it quicker and simpler for customers to put together outfits.
3. Technical Activewear - There is a growing demand for technical activewear clothing that combines style and performance.
1. Athletic Apparel - Innovative workout gear companies that create performance capsule collections, like Athleta, could disrupt the athletic apparel industry.
2. E-commerce - E-commerce sites that offer personalized styling formulas could disrupt the traditional brick-and-mortar shopping experience and increase online sales.
3. Fashion Technology - Startups that integrate technology into the design and production of technical activewear can disrupt the fashion industry and change the way people think about performance clothing.