Everything old is new again. The evolution of some of the most popular video games of the past are not only making a comeback in popularity in the form of the games themselves, but their iconic design elements are crossing over into the everyday world, and not just in the pop culture sense, such as T-shirts, gadgets and gizmos.
Although Tetris trends have been noted previously, this particularly beautifully rendered faucet from Italian firm Ritmonio takes it to a sleek and contemporary level. The faucet is part of Ritmonio’s Tetris line of kitchen and bathroom fixtures.
K-Swiss, always perceived as the white bread, plain Jane of sneakers, has released a limited edition series of Julia Hederus’ designs, whose flaps are reminiscent of Tetris’ shapes.
Tetris Taps and More
1. Retro Gaming-inspired Home Decor - The trend of incorporating classic video game design into home decor presents new opportunities for companies to create innovative products that appeal to niche markets.
2. Tetris-inspired Design - The popularity of Tetris cross-over designs in everyday objects presents an opportunity for companies to create sleek and contemporary products that appeal to gamers and non-gamers alike.
3. Limited Edition Sneaker Designs - K-Swiss's limited edition series of sneakers with Tetris-inspired designs presents an opportunity for other footwear companies to explore collaboration with artists and designers and create unique, collectible sneakers.
1. Home Decor Industry - The retro gaming-inspired home decor trend presents an opportunity for furniture and home decor companies to create innovative and playful products that appeal to gamers and nostalgia-seekers.
2. Kitchen and Bathroom Fixture Industry - Ritmonio's Tetris line of kitchen and bathroom fixtures presents an opportunity for other fixture companies to create unique and eye-catching designs that appeal to the growing market of retro gaming enthusiasts and design-conscious consumers.
3. Footwear Industry - K-Swiss's limited edition series of sneakers with Tetris-inspired designs presents an opportunity for other footwear companies to explore collaboration with artists and designers to create sought-after and distinctive sneakers that appeal to collectors and fashion-conscious consumers.