Titled 'The Epidermal Little Mirrors to the Soul,' The Terrance Bray Winter 2011 collection explores camouflaged human parts and psychological duality.
From handprints on a shirt's side pockets depicting a diamond ring on the wedding finger to a back printed with white angel wings, Bray brings this illusory, clever and mesmerizing collection to life. According to Bray, “We express our identities through the ways we choose to shroud our naked bodies in cloth, yet we are eternally intrigued by what lies beneath and search for the person behind the clothes…” This is what inspired his amazing themes for the Terrance Bray Winter 2011 collection.
The façade of the fashion style is captivating and challenges the lines between our personal and professional lives which Bray says are often blurred.
The Terrance Bray W11 Collection Captures Camouflaged Human Parts
1. Camouflaged Human Parts - Disruptive innovation opportunities include incorporating new techniques and materials to create clothing that blurs the boundaries between the body and the fabric.
2. Psychological Duality - There is an opportunity to explore the interplay of emotions and identity in fashion by designing garments that reflect the complexities of the human psyche.
3. Illusory Fashion - By integrating optical illusions and clever design elements, designers can create captivating and mesmerizing garments that challenge traditional notions of clothing.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry can leverage these trends to push the boundaries of creativity and self-expression, offering consumers unique and mind-bending clothing options.
2. Textile - Innovative textile companies can develop new fabrics and materials that enhance the illusionary aspects of fashion, creating garments that play with perception and visual tricks.
3. Art - Artists and designers can collaborate to blur the lines between traditional art and fashion, creating wearable art pieces that merge visual expression with personal style.