A "talking print" featuring the voice of a kabuki actor (Toppan Forms Co.)
Electronic paper and other paper with innovative functions is now coming into use. Postcards that can talk have gone on sale, and a commercial poster that also serves as an electronic display carrying news and weather reports was recently trialed in a train station. Paper technology aimed at preventing the falsification of documents is also being developed. Researchers are striving to develop products that are as thin and light as paper but perform a range of functions. Paper is finally entering the IT age through a fusion with digital technologies.
1. Innovative Paper Technology - Developing talking paper and integrating digital technologies into paper products offers disruptive innovation opportunities for various industries.
2. Smart Paper - The development of paper with innovative functions, such as talking postcards and electronic displays, presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the paper industry and beyond.
3. Fusion with Digital Technologies - The fusion of digital technologies with paper products, such as preventing document falsification, presents opportunities for disruptive innovations in the security industry.
1. Printing Industry - Adoption of innovative paper technology that integrates digital technologies can provide the printing industry with a disruptive innovation opportunity to stay ahead.
2. Security Industry - The development of paper technology aimed at preventing document falsification provides disruptive innovation opportunities for the security industry.
3. Marketing Industry - Talking postcards and other innovative paper technology offerings provide opportunities for the marketing industry to create more interactive and engaging print media.