Supervalu's 'We Believe' Christmas ad features a heartwarming twist ending that reminds the viewer what really matters this season. 2020 has been a rough year, leaving most brands to use togetherness and familial motifs to draw in consumers.
Supervalu's ad does just that, as it follows a young boy who grows increasingly anxious about whether "he" will be coming on Christmas eve. In the ad, the boy follows all the tropes of preparing for Santa Claus, including putting out signs, constantly asking his parents if he's coming, and preparing milk and cookies. At the end of the ad, it's revealed that the boy was really waiting for his grandad to come visit for the holiday.
Image Credit: TBWADublin
Supervalu's 'We Believe' Reminds Consumers Family Matters Most
1. Heartwarming Twist Ending Ads - Creating emotionally-driven ads that leave a lasting impact on viewers to drive consumer engagement.
2. Familial Motifs in Advertising - Using the concept of family to evoke a sense of togetherness and unity in marketing efforts.
3. Consumer Empathy in Advertising - Demonstrating an understanding and connection with consumers through advertising that recognizes the emotions and experiences of everyday life.
1. Retail - Creating advertisements that emphasize the importance of family and togetherness to drive consumer engagement.
2. Entertainment - Using emotional storytelling to create memorable content that resonates with viewers and strengthens brand loyalty.
3. Food and Beverage - Incorporating family-centric themes in advertisements to evoke positive emotions and connect with consumers on a personal level.