The Stud Magazine is a Toronto-based online magazine that’s here to introduce a new sub-culture into mainstream media. They are a group of non-gender-conforming individuals who have come together to provide a source of information on health, education, employment, artistry and interpretation. Mostly, this magazine is here to foster a stud connection.
According to Stud Magazine, the definition of a Stud is "a person belonging to either female or intersex sex who blurs society’s understanding of gender. Often displays “masculine qualities”(strong, dominate, powerful, and independent ) and/or varying degrees of “masculine” appearance."
This magazine was created to let people know that a brotherhood exists that has gone largely unrecognized; a brotherhood that doesn’t have to be between biological males. This connection is between women who break the “rules of femininity” and are creating a new set of unwritten rules.
Currently, the media is embracing effeminate men, and it's time for a space to be made for masculine women. This group is misrepresented and The Stud Magazine shows that a boyish woman can have amazing style and grace.
Stud 1 | Stud 2 | Stud 3 | Stud 4 | Stud 5 | Stud 6 | Stud 7 | Stud 8 | Stud 9
The Stud Magazine Blurs Common Perceptions of Beauty
1. Non-gendered Media - The rise of non-gendered media outlets provides opportunities for companies to target this emerging demographic.
2. Gender Fluidity - As society's understanding of gender evolves, companies can offer products and services that cater to gender fluid individuals.
3. Breaking Gender Conventions - Brands that challenge traditional gender norms and stereotypes have the potential to resonate with a wider audience.
1. Publishing - Publishing companies should consider expanding their content to include non-gendered media outlets.
2. Fashion - Fashion brands have an opportunity to create clothing lines that cater to gender fluid individuals.
3. Media and Entertainment - Media and entertainment companies that showcase non-gendered content can appeal to a broader audience.