The images in this gallery represent the finest human spirit under the worst possible conditions. Remember, one minute these soldiers are goofing off, and the next they are killing enemies. So what's to be learned?
"What ever to tackle, kill ‘em, but keep your sense of humor..." Going Like Sixty 2008
Implications - The Internet has generated many exposes, revealing the whole truth behind many industries. What makes these expose videos go viral is the fact that most consumers can empathize with workers looking to take a break and goof off, regardless of how serious their occupation may be. This recognition of goofing off as a necessity has affected office culture.
Humor Under Fire
1. Goofing Off as a Necessity - Recognizing and accepting the need for employees to take breaks and engage in light-hearted activities in order to reduce stress and improve productivity.
2. Humanizing Serious Industries - Revealing the lighter side of traditionally serious industries through viral videos and social media, helping consumers empathize with workers in high-stress occupations.
3. Humor and Productivity - Understanding the positive impact of humor and laughter on workplace productivity and employee well-being.
1. Military - Using humor and stress-relieving activities as a means to reduce the psychological burden on soldiers in the military.
2. Media and Entertainment - Creating and promoting viral videos that humanize industries and showcase the lighter side of professions in the media and entertainment industry.
3. Corporate Culture and HR - Integrating humor and allowing employees to engage in light-hearted activities as part of company culture to improve morale and reduce stress levels in the workplace.