We’ve already talked about the see-through heel and apparel trends for next season, but the sheer and clear craze doesn’t stop there: Spring 2010 accessories are just as translucent.
Designers from Michael Kors and Burberry to Prada and Fendi showcased jewelry and purses in lucite for their Spring 2010 accessories. Michael Kors featured charming clear bubble necklaces and cuffs created by Alexis Bittar while Burberry stuck to clear lucite bangles. Prada and Fendi both had models toting transparent bags—large totes at Prada and small boxy clutches at Fendi.
Spring 2010 Accessories are All About See-Through Lucite
1. Translucent Accessories - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop new materials and techniques for creating transparent jewelry and purses.
2. Clear Lucite - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Experiment with clear lucite to create unique bangles and other accessories.
3. Transparent Bags - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Design innovative transparent bags with various sizes and shapes.
1. Fashion Accessories - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Introduce new transparent materials and designs in the fashion accessories industry.
2. Jewelry - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create transparent jewelry using innovative materials and techniques.
3. Handbags - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop transparent handbags with different sizes and styles that offer a modern twist.