Converse Japan introduces a brand new footwear silhouette to join its Fall/Winter 2020 season roster with the unveiling of the ALL STAR Spacebelt Hi sneaker. The new shoe is offered in two monochromatic colorway options of either black or white and boasts a construction of textured canvas materials throughout the upper.
Most of the sneakers are designed to be minimal. This includes the exclusion of details such as tongue tags and laces, shining a spotlight on an ankle collar strap instead. As a touch of branding on the new shoe, there is a rubber All Star patch logo that adorns the medial side of the shoe. Rounding it out are rubber toe cap and midsole, and top-stitching.
Image Credit: Converse Japan
Converse Japan Offers the ALL STAR Spacebelt Hi for FW20
1. Minimalist Sneakers - The trend towards minimalist sneakers showcases an opportunity for brands to focus on incorporating unique design features and new materials into their products
2. Monochromatic Colorways - The popularity of monochromatic colorways presents an opportunity for brands to experiment with gradients, textures, and patterns to add depth and interest to their designs
3. Ankle Collar Straps - The rising prominence of ankle collar straps as a design element presents an opportunity for brands to explore new ways to integrate branding and functionality
1. Footwear - The footwear industry can capitalize on the minimalist sneaker trend by using innovative material technology to create comfortable, minimalist designs that retain support and durability
2. Fashion - Fashion designers can experiment with monochromatic colorways in clothing and accessories to offer consumers a sleek and versatile wardrobe
3. Marketing and Advertising - Marketers and advertisers can leverage the rising popularity of ankle collar straps to create memorable branding experiences for their clients