Anicorn Watches has tapped NASA and gaming icon Hideo Kojima’s Kojima Productions studio in order to launch ‘Space Ludens,’ a watch inspired by the Ludens’ ‘Extra-Vechicular Activity (EVA) Creative Suit.’ The watch boasts a ‘mecha space armor’ design that sees the watch reimagined with a stainless steel case and bracelet, carbon fiber leather strap, and a sapphire crystal caseback with Miyota 8215 automatic movement.
The ‘Rare Edition,’ which will only be produced up to 100 times, features a wearable Ludens skull mask made with carbon fiber. The ‘Limited Edition’ comes with an individually-numbered metal plate, and the ‘Ludens Sacoche’ is designed in partnership with Syzygy, an outdoor gear company.
The Kojima Productions x NASA x Anicorn Watches ‘Space Ludens’ collection launches on the Anicorn Watches website at 8 a.m. on September 27.
Image Credit: Anicorn Watches
Anicorn Watches, NASA, and Kojima Productions Launch 'Space Ludens'
1. Collaborative Fashion - The collaboration between Anicorn Watches, NASA, and Kojima Productions shows the potential of cross-industry collaborations in the fashion sector.
2. Sci-fi Aesthetics - The 'mecha space armor' design of the 'Space Ludens' watch demonstrates an opportunity for incorporating futuristic aesthetics into traditional fashion accessories.
3. Limited Edition Collectibles - The differentiation between the 'Rare Edition' and the 'Limited Edition' 'Space Ludens' watches suggests an opportunity for creating scarcity and collectability in the luxury fashion market.
1. Fashion Industry - The Anicorn Watches x Kojima Productions x NASA collaboration demonstrates the potential for cross-sector partnerships and the adoption of sci-fi aesthetics in traditional fashion accessories.
2. Luxury Goods Industry - The limited production and unique features of the 'Space Ludens' watch models showcases an opportunity for creating collector's items in the luxury fashion market.
3. Outdoor Gear Industry - The collaboration between Anicorn Watches and outdoor gear company Syzygy in the design of the 'Ludens Sacoche' bag highlights potential for cross-industry partnerships in the outdoor gear market.