Yes, what you are looking at is a bar of Sonic the Hedgehog soap. This geeky body cleaner pays tribute to the classic SEGA Genesis game starring the fleet-footed hedgehog. The soap was created by the appropriately named Etsy merchant Digitalsoaps. The soap looks nearly identical to the game cartridge, although it will melt in hot water and smells like grape soda.
In addition to making the Sonic the Hedgehog soap, Digitalsoap also offers soap in the shape of a Genesis controller. Gamer soap, and custom soap in general, has recently experienced a meteoric rise in popularity. Gamers nowadays are looking to fly their geek flag in unique ways, with t-shirts and bumper stickers being deemed too bland and not quite quirky enough. After all, it doesn't get much nerdier than Song the Hedgehog soap.
Sonic the Hedgehog Soap Lets You Pay Tribute to SEGA Genesis in the Shower
1. Gamer Soap Trend - The growing trend for unique and creative soaps inspired by popular videogames presents opportunities for soap manufacturers to create customized products aimed at niche markets.
2. Nostalgia Marketing Trend - The demand for nostalgia-based products, like the Sonic the Hedgehog soap, presents opportunities for businesses to cater to adult's childhood memories while capitalizing on their love of retro games.
3. Bespoke Soap Trend - Customizable soaps, like the Genesis controller soap, allow customers to order personalized and unique products, representing an opportunity for businesses to create bespoke items that stand out from the competition.
1. Soap Manufacturing Industry - The emergence of gamer soap and novel soap shapes represent opportunities for soap manufacturers to create unique product lines that attract niche markets, representing increased revenue streams.
2. Gaming Industry - The popularity of gamer soap reflects the demand for unique and quirky gaming merchandise, providing the gaming industry with opportunities to collaborate with manufacturers and create exclusive product lines that appeal to their consumer base.
3. Personal Care Industry - The increasing demand for customizable soaps and unique product lines, like the Sonic the Hedgehog soap, represent an opportunity for personal care companies to develop tailored products and capitalize on growing niche markets.