Many consumers will turn on the faucet for several seconds as they wait for hot water to be provided which can be inherently wasteful, so the 'Smart Faucet' concept by Bojian Han looks to curb the need for this unnecessary waste.
Designed using CAD software Rhinoceros, the faucet is outfitted with an onboard temperature display that will provide users with the ability to customize the water that comes out to their exact specifications. The faucet also features a built-in heater that will provide hot water for the first 10 seconds that it's on, which eliminates the need to run water endlessly just to access it.
The 'Smart Faucet' concept identifies what can be done to create products that are both customizable and efficient to satisfy consumer preferences.
Image Credit: Bojian Han
The 'Smart Faucet' Concept Offers Instant Hot Water
1. Instant Hot Water - Innovative faucets outfitted with onboard temperature displays and built-in heaters can provide hot water for the first 10 seconds, eliminating waste and saving water in the long run.
2. Customizable Water Output - Faucets with temperature displays offer consumers the ability to customize their water output, paving the way for more personalized and efficient water experiences.
3. Water-saving Technologies - The Smart Faucet concept highlights the importance of developing products that reduce water waste, presenting opportunities for the creation of a range of water-saving technologies.
1. Home Appliance - Innovative faucets designed with temperature displays and heaters provide a new solution in home appliance technology, spurring growth in this sector.
2. Building Automation - The Smart Faucet concept can be integrated into building automation systems, creating opportunities for growth in the industry and more efficient building water systems.
3. Environmental Sustainability - Faucets with water-saving technologies align with the growing demand for environmental sustainability, opening up opportunities for the development of green technologies.