One of my favorite movies to date is ‘The Fifth Element,’ so imagine my excitement over Rizki Tarisa’s concept design, SKY TAXI. I mean, come on! A flying taxi? It brings back all those fond memories of Leeloo dropping in on Korben Dallas for the first time.
On a more serious note, Rizki Tarisa conceptualized SKY TAXI to alleviate the traffic congestion. Submitted for the KLM Indonesia Aircraft Design Competition 2009, Naresh Chauhan reports that "the SKY TAXI services apart from catering cities with big airports will also provides services in minor places with medium or even smaller airports. The SKY TAXI services will further be supported by a long distance, high capacity aircraft carrier called “MOEDER” that will carry five Medium Capacity Aircrafts (MCA) and drop or depart them in the midway to serve the medium or small range destination, without wasting any time in landing and taking off again.”
SKY TAXI Concept Soars Into Future of Transportation
1. Flying-taxi Services - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop and implement efficient and eco-friendly flying-taxi services to alleviate traffic congestion and provide transportation in both major and minor cities with airports.
2. Long Distance Aircraft Carriers - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create long distance, high capacity aircraft carriers to transport medium capacity aircrafts and serve medium or small range destinations, reducing time wasted in landing and taking off again.
3. Conceptualized Transportation Solutions - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Explore and develop innovative transportation concepts, such as the SKY TAXI, inspired by movies, to revolutionize the future of transportation and address urban congestion.
1. Transportation Services - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Revolutionize the transportation industry by introducing flying-taxi services and conceptualized transportation solutions to improve efficiency and reduce congestion.
2. Aircraft Manufacturing - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Innovate aircraft manufacturing by designing long distance, high capacity carriers and medium capacity aircrafts to cater to the demand for efficient and convenient transportation solutions.
3. Urban Planning - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Collaborate with urban planners and architects to incorporate innovative transportation concepts, like the SKY TAXI, into future cities' infrastructures and effectively manage traffic congestion.