This sky light prototype makes science look stylish. Designed by Japan's Yoshiki Matsuyama, the lamp uses physics to realistically replicate the sky's changing hues. From clear blue to sunset orange, the lighting reproduces the natural colors we see depending on the time of day and similarly scatters the light across your ceiling.
The disc shaped lamp uses the same scientific principles that allow us to perceive the sky's many shades by dissolving small amounts of acrylic resin in water. When the sky light is turned off, the lamp appears clear rather than full of color.
The alternative sunlamp was on display at 2014 Milan Design Week and is also a winner of the 2014 Lexus Design Award.
This Sky Light Rotates Like a Clock and Reacts to Ambient Sounds
1. Sky-mimicking Lamps - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Develop new lighting technology that accurately replicates the natural colors and lighting conditions of the sky, creating more immersive indoor experiences.
2. Ambient Sound-reacting Lamps - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Create lamps integrated with sound sensors that change their lighting patterns and colors based on ambient sounds, enhancing the overall atmosphere of any space.
3. Interactive Lighting Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Combine advanced physics principles, light diffusion techniques, and smart technology to design interactive lighting solutions that can dynamically mimic various natural lighting conditions, offering customizable lighting experiences.
1. Lighting Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Revolutionize the lighting design industry by developing sky-mimicking lamps with advanced physics-based color replication techniques and customized lighting options.
2. Home Decor - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Innovate the home decor industry by introducing ambient sound-reacting lamps that enhance the mood and aesthetics of living spaces through dynamic lighting changes based on surrounding sounds.
3. Experiential Design - Disruptive innovation opportunity: Transform the experiential design industry by incorporating interactive lighting solutions that replicate natural lighting conditions, creating immersive environments in museums, galleries, and other public spaces.