With the announcement of Jamie Dornan as the new Christian Grey, this shades of grey costume is for people who wish they could be the dreamy character.
However, instead of a sultry costume to make ladies swoon, this one hilariously pokes fun and takes ‘50 shades of grey’ literally. To pull off this look, all you’ll need is a grey tee that you don’t mind getting crafty with. To complete the costume, go to your local home improvement store and grab a variety of shades of grey paint samples and stick them all over your shirt either with glue, tape or staples; instantly, you are now literally 50 shades of grey.
The DIY outfit is extremely easy to make and guaranteed you’ll be getting laughs and compliments all night long.
This Shades of Grey Costume Spoofs the Popular Erotic Novel
1. Literal Costumes - Creating costumes that take a literal interpretation of a concept or idea, resulting in humorous and creative outfits.
2. Pop Culture Spoofs - Designing costumes that parody or mock popular books, movies, or TV shows, adding a humorous twist to recognizable characters or themes.
3. DIY Costumes - Embracing the do-it-yourself trend in costume-making, encouraging creativity and customization through accessible materials and easy construction.
1. Fashion Retail - Opportunity for retailers to provide materials (such as paint samples) and inspiration for customers to create their own unique and humorous costumes at home.
2. Event Planning - Potential for event planners to incorporate themes and activities centered around costumes that mix humor, pop culture references, and creativity.
3. Online Communities - Opportunity for online communities or platforms dedicated to costume enthusiasts to share ideas, tutorials, and photos of literal literary costumes, fostering a sense of community and inspiration.