Seiko is releasing its Seiko 5 sports collection, which was originally launched in 1963. The sport watches were originally marketed to a younger section of customers as an affordable watch option. The Seiko 5 sports collection was titled as such due to it having five attributes, a date display, an automatic movement system, water resistance, durability, and a crown located at 4 o'clock. All of those five attributes combined to give the line a distinct look and function.
The new version of the collection will have 27 watch models, each of which will fall into one of five categories. The five categories include Sports, Suits, Specialist, Street, and Sense. The new Seiko 5 collection will be available this summer, where each unit will be priced between $315 to $380 USD.
Image Credit: Seiko
The Seiko 5 Sports Collection Will Be Rereleased with 27 Models
1. Vintage Watch Collections - Reviving and re-launching classic watch collections appeals to consumers searching for nostalgia and retro items.
2. Segmented Watch Categories - Classifying watches into specific categories and markets increases overall consumer appeal and targeting.
3. Affordable Luxury Watches - Providing affordable luxury items to consumers allows for market expansion and new customer acquisition.
1. Watch Manufacturing - Manufacturing vintage watch collections and organizing them into specific markets provides a unique selling point for customers.
2. Fashion Retail - Selling vintage and trendy watch collections across segmented markets allows for targeted consumer outreach and increased sales.
3. Luxury Goods Retail - Providing affordable luxury watches to consumers provides new opportunities for market expansion and customer acquisition.