In her fun series called Animal Food, Sarah DeRemer cleverly combines food like fruits and vegetables with live animals to create delicious hybrids. Shet used Photoshop to hybridize and manipulate these often unusual combinations in photographs. The digitally dissected animals also have new names from the Frovacado (frog meets avocado) to Penguimelon (penguin and watermelon).
Sara DeRemer was originally inspired by the sea cucumber, which led her to create other humorous juxtapositions. This is not the only pun involved, as she also created a Kiwi (New Zealand's national bird mixed with the fruit) and an Orange Chicken you won't find at Manchu Wok.
Animal Food was not just an amusing and potentially thought-provoking project, but "a study in form, color and negative space" according to the artist.
Animal Food by Sarah DeRemer Combines Critters with Vegetables
1. Fruit-animal Hybrids - Exploring the possibilities of combining live animals with fruits and vegetables through digital manipulation.
2. Humorous Juxtapositions - Creating unexpected and amusing combinations of food and animals through Photoshop manipulation.
3. Study in Form and Color - Using animal-fruit hybrids to explore and experiment with form, color, and negative space in photography.
1. Photography - Photographers can experiment with new ways of combining and manipulating different elements to create visually striking images.
2. Food and Beverage - Food and beverage companies can experiment with combining different food categories and creating new products that surprise and delight customers with unexpected combinations.
3. Art and Design - Artists and designers can explore the possibilities of using animal-fruit hybrids not just as a creative prompt, but as a means of exploring form, negative space, and color theory across different mediums.