Sam’s Club announced that is launching curbside pickup at all locations across the United States. The new curbside pickup options will be able at just under 600 retail locations, and it will be free for all plus-level Sam's Club members. Lance de la Rosa, the companies chief operating offers made a statement about the service and indicated the company is, "proud to be the only warehouse chain offering curbside pickup service nationwide."
Initially, a curbside pickup trial was conducted at 16 locations, following that the company decided to fast track the service. offering curbside pickup can help the retail company acclimatize to COVID-19 related changes. This is because consumers can still purchase goods when stores are operating at reduced capacities, or are not able to have customers enter.
Image Credit: Shutterstock
Sam's Club is Launching Curbside Pickup Across All U.S. Stores
1. Curbside Pickup Expansion - Retailers should consider expanding curbside pickup options to meet changing consumer demands and increase convenience.
2. Free Curbside Pickup - Offering free curbside pickup as a perk for loyalty members could increase customer retention and drive sales.
3. Contactless Retail - The rise of curbside pickup highlights the importance of implementing contactless retail options for safety and convenience.
1. Retail - Retail stores should prioritize implementing curbside pickup options to meet consumer demands and remain competitive in the industry.
2. Membership-based Retail - Membership-based retailers can increase loyalty among members by offering free curbside pickup as a perk or exclusive benefit.
3. E-commerce - E-commerce businesses should consider adding curbside pickup options to provide customers with convenient and contactless pickup options for online purchases.