Rui Hachimura works together with Jordan Brand to deliver the latest design iteration of the Air Jordan 26 sneaker model for the season. The main design language is the busy patterning that is seen throughout the entire upper with Sakura prints throughout for a dynamic look.
The Sakura colorway is a direct celebration of his own Japanese heritage and in terms of the visual, it starts with jacquard making up the side panels and toe boxes. The patterns are detailed with hues of pink, red, and green, seen along with white cranes as well -- this is meant to represent good luck and happiness. Additional touches of red and green are seen on the trimmings and heel tabs to round it out.
Image Credit: Nike
Rui Hachimura Presents the Newest Air Jordan 36 Sneaker
1. Sakura-printed Sneakers - The use of traditional Japanese Sakura prints on sneakers for a dynamic and culturally significant design.
2. Celebrity-endorsed Sneaker Collections - Collaborations between famous athletes and sneaker brands to create unique and personalized footwear designs.
3. Personalized Cultural Heritage Sneakers - Sneaker designs that celebrate personal cultural heritage and incorporate traditional cultural elements into the design.
1. Sneaker Industry - Incorporating culturally significant patterns and designs into sneaker making.
2. Sports Apparel Industry - Creating limited edition collections that celebrate the unique cultural heritage of athletes.
3. Fashion Industry - Introducing personalized and culturally significant design elements into the sneaker and fashion industry.