Will Ferrell and Chrysler have teamed up to support the new film 'Anchorman 2' and the new Dodge Durango with a series of Ron Burgundy Dodge commercials. The commercials star Ferrell in character as Ron Burgundy and the new Durango. Burgundy waxes poetic about everything from the fact that the SUV's glove compartment can hold a ton of gum to how its 360 times faster than a horse.
This isn't the first series of commercials that Ferrell has done. Many will remember the Old Milwaukee beer ads he was in only a few years ago. Chrysler has recently turned to celebrities to help push its cars, but the tone of those past commercials was a lot more serious. The Ron Burgundy Dodge commercials are decidedly lighter and actually pretty funny.
The New Ron Burgundy Dodge Commercials Promote the SUV's Odd Features
1. Celebrity Endorsements - Opportunity for businesses to collaborate with celebrities and create humorous promotional ads.
2. Humorous Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity for businesses to utilize comedic elements in their advertising campaigns for increased engagement.
3. Character Branding - Businesses can explore the potential of fictional character branding as a way to create memorable and entertaining marketing campaigns.
1. Automotive Industry - Opportunity for car manufacturers and dealerships to leverage celebrity collaborations and humor in their advertising strategies to attract customers.
2. Film Industry - Opportunity for film studios and production companies to partner with businesses and celebrities to promote movies and products through entertaining commercials.
3. Beverage Industry - Opportunity for beverage companies to explore humorous advertising campaigns with celebrity endorsements to differentiate their products from competitors.