A new Rick Owens x VEJA collaboration has been released for Spring/Summer 2020. The silhouettes are designed to be style-forward, as well as environmentally sustainable. Each is offered in a few colorways and the footwear boasts innovative materials that are good for the environment -- this includes a variety of recycled and natural-based substances, "including plant-based castor oil materials, plastic bottles, Amazonian rubber, and corn waste."
First in the Rick Owens x VEJA collection is the ultra-slick and minimalist Performance Runner, which is breathable and available in multiple colorways, and second is the vegan Hiking Style, which is "designed for use on rough and natural terrain."
The prices for these chic footwear options range from $240 to $270.
Image Credit: Rick Owens x VEJA
The Rick Owens x VEJA Boasts Two Unisex Silhouettes
1. Sustainable Materials - There is an opportunity for companies to innovate and collaborate with sustainable material companies to create stylish and sustainable products.
2. Vegan Fashion - Businesses in the fashion industry can capitalize on the growing trend of veganism by producing vegan-friendly products.
3. Performance Footwear - Opportunities exist for companies to innovate and improve the technology in performance sneakers to be both fashionable and sustainable.
1. Fashion Industry - Businesses in the fashion industry can collaborate with sustainable material companies to create environmentally conscious products.
2. Footwear Industry - There is an opportunity for innovation in the footwear industry to produce performance sneakers that are both sustainable and fashionable.
3. Vegan Industry - There is a growing market for vegan-friendly products and businesses in the fashion industry can capitalize on this trend by producing vegan footwear.