The Richard Chai Love 2014 fashions have a dark, grungy vibe to them, but the 90s style is given a fresh new take. One of the most staple parts of a good grunge look is plaid and for the 2014 collection, plaids were created with mohair instead of fabric, which created a hazy effect. Other prints in the collection were similarly altered with pleats and a few looks fully embrace this effect from head-to-toe.
The coloring of the garments for men and women is murky, but this is totally in keeping with the grungy theme. Coloring focuses on deep moody blues, burgundies, black and sombre neutrals, although there are some hints of a refreshingly bright Radiant Orchid-like purple near the show’s finale.
The Richard Chai Love 2014 Collection Reinvents an Iconic 90s Style
1. Revamped Grunge Fashions - The Richard Chai Love 2014 Collection offers a fresh take on the iconic 90s grunge style.
2. Plaid Reimagined with Mohair - Using mohair instead of fabric for plaids creates a hazy effect in the Richard Chai Love 2014 Collection.
3. Dark Moody Colors - The murky coloring of the garments in the Richard Chai Love 2014 Collection adds to the grungy theme.
1. Fashion - The fashion industry has an opportunity to revamp and reinvent iconic styles like the 90s grunge fashion seen in the Richard Chai Love 2014 Collection.
2. Textiles - The textile industry can explore the use of mohair and other innovative materials in creating new and unique prints and patterns.
3. Apparel and Accessories - The apparel and accessories industry can embrace dark and moody colors as a trendy and fashionable choice in their collections.