Consumers have witnessed footwear brands like Nike, Adidas and Reebok entering their archives and breathing new life into a beloved model of retro sneakers. Puma is doing this as well with the Puma Basket 90680—a shoe revival that dates back to 1971. The retro sneakers are hitting footwear retailers in 2018.
Equipped with a premium leather upper, a suede tongue and matching toe box, the shoe design is bound to be a comfortable and versatile option for contemporary streetwear ensembles. The Puma logo is highlighted in the design, as the texture is suede. Its color palette makes it so that the Basket 90680 can be a ready-to-wear shoe for any causal occasion—from hanging out with friends to going to school.
Photo Credits: Street Connexion
The Puma Black & White Sneakers Boasts Comfort and a Vintage Feel
1. Retro Sneaker Revivals - Opportunity for brands to revive and reintroduce popular retro sneaker models.
2. Archival Inspiration - Incorporating design elements and materials from past sneaker models to create new and nostalgic footwear styles.
3. Streetwear Staple - Retro sneakers becoming a staple in streetwear fashion, allowing for creative collaborations and limited edition releases.
1. Footwear - Opportunity for footwear brands to capitalize on the nostalgic appeal of retro sneaker revivals.
2. Fashion - Fashion brands can leverage the popularity of retro sneakers to create streetwear-inspired designs.
3. Retail - Retailers can tap into the demand for retro sneakers by stocking limited edition releases and collaborating with footwear brands.