Portable gaming has seen dramatic improvements in the past decade that makes games look ultra-realistic, but this retro gaming device takes it back to a simpler time where the characters were 8-bit designs.
Inspired by the Game Boy Advance SP, designer 'Love Hulténcomes' created a gaming device that plays old games with a vintage feel. The Game Boy Advance SP was a handheld device that resembled a flip-phone, available in a wide variety of colors with a plastic shell. Hulténcomes' 'PE358' is made of wood, giving it an antiquated look that sets it apart.
The PE358 is made of American walnut wood and much like the 'SP,' it folds in half and comes with a headphone jack. The retro gaming device plays games from the Nintendo NES featuring classics like 'Mega Man' and 'Super Mario World.'
This Retro Gaming Device Lets You Play Old Games on the Go
1. Retro Gaming Revival - Opportunity for gaming companies to tap into consumers' nostalgia for classic games and devices.
2. Handmade Technology - Opportunity for makers to create technology products with a more artisanal and unique feel that stand out from mass-produced tech items.
3. Sustainable Tech - Opportunity to combine vintage, eco-friendly materials like wood with modern-day technology for a more sustainable approach to tech products.
1. Gaming - Integrating more classic games and devices into modern gaming consoles to cater to consumers' desire for nostalgia and a simpler, less graphically-intensive gaming experience.
2. Handmade Products - Offering customization and unique, artisanal creations in the tech world to stand out from mass-produced products.
3. Eco-friendly Tech - Exploring alternative, sustainable materials for tech products to attract environmentally-conscious consumers.