The 2014 Ready-to-Wear collection from Daks celebrates its 120th anniversary with simple camel colors, a few statement hats and the brand's signature check pattern. The silhouettes in the collection embody the sophisticated ease that the brand is so well known for, although there were a few hints of looking ahead to the future such as with retro-futuristic gloves.
Since the classic trenchcoat is commonly made in that familiar neutral brown coloring, it was interesting to see this shape reinvented as more of a dress. Some of the reinterpretations of the trench included turning its shape into strapless dresses and bustles, which made for a form that was familiar, yet also quite unusual at the same time.
Daks' Ready-to-Wear Fall Collection Reinvents the Trenchcoat
1. Neutral-toned Clothing - Opportunity for brands to innovate by offering clothing collections in neutral beige colors.
2. Retro-futuristic Fashion - Disruptive innovation potential lies in creating fashion pieces that blend retro design elements with futuristic touches.
3. Reinventing Classic Silhouettes - Brands can explore new ways to reinvent traditional clothing shapes, such as turning trenchcoats into strapless dresses and bustles.
1. Fashion - Fashion industry can explore the trend of creating clothing collections in neutral beige colors.
2. Accessories - Opportunity for accessory brands to create retro-futuristic gloves and other fashion items.
3. Apparel Manufacturing - Manufacturers can adapt to the demand for unconventional clothing shapes by offering production services for strapless trenchcoat dresses and bustles.