Ray Croft is an architectural designer who is trying to modernize old navy barracks located in New Orleans. Instead of just leaving these spaces to grow old, he's proposing a few changes that will make the area part of the community.
Moreover, the soil that's in the navy barracks is slightly toxic, so making these upgrades would also be done for ecological reasons. The project would plant various species to help cleanse the soil, and rejuvenate the landscape surrounding the area. Considering that right now the space is mostly concrete, these changes would be much welcomed by the people in the area. Plus, the eco-friendly initiatives would be great for the environment for everyone around the world.
Photo Credits: designboom, raycroft.net
Ray Croft Envisions a Transformation in New Orleans
1. Smart Urban Renewal - Modernizing old navy barracks to become a vibrant part of the community presents an opportunity for smart urban renewal.
2. Ecological Land Rehabilitation - Using plant species to cleanse toxic soil in old navy barracks demonstrates an opportunity for ecological land rehabilitation.
3. Community-driven Redevelopment - Transforming old navy barracks into a community space highlights the potential for community-driven redevelopment projects.
1. Architecture - Architectural firms can capitalize on the trend of modernizing old buildings to create innovative and sustainable spaces.
2. Environmental Remediation - Environmental remediation companies can seize the opportunity to provide expertise in cleansing and rejuvenating toxic soils.
3. Urban Planning - Urban planning professionals can play a key role in community-driven redevelopment initiatives to revitalize neglected areas.