Considering that Pantone's color of the year is a pretty purple hue, Burberry’s Prorsum Spring 2014 collection is a perfect example of Radiant Orchid fashion that's right on point. The collection wasn't officially named after the color, but it was dubbed 'English Rose.'
The collection features a ton of gorgeous soft garden colors and floral lattice-like detailing that were juxtaposed with more masculine elements like loose-fitting jackets. Playing off the delicacy of lace, some of the garments play with transparency and hint at exposing thighs, chests and arms. Although pastel colors are usually associated with all things sweet and innocent, some of the garments are particularly showy and much more daring than a delicate English rose.
Burberry Prorsum's Spring Collection Beams with Radiant Orchid Fashion
1. Radiant Orchid Fashion - Explore innovative ways to incorporate the popular Pantone color of the year, Radiant Orchid, into fashion designs.
2. Floral Lattice Detailing - Discover opportunities to incorporate intricate floral lattice-like detailing into clothing designs for a unique and eye-catching aesthetic.
3. Transparency in Fashion - Explore how to play with transparency in garments to create visually interesting and alluring fashion pieces.
1. Fashion Design - Embrace the Radiant Orchid trend and create apparel that incorporates the popular Pantone color of the year.
2. Textile Manufacturing - Develop techniques to produce intricate floral lattice-like detailing on fabrics to cater to the demand for unique and intricate designs.
3. Garment Accessories - Innovate with transparent materials and designs to create alluring and stylish accessories for fashion-conscious consumers.