British actress Rachel Weisz went for a 'punky princess' look at the â€œModel as Muse: Embodying Fashionâ€ Costume Institute Gala at The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City.
The star achieved the look by combining a delicate strapless, blush hand-painted tulle-draped Vera Wang gown with dark goth lipstick.
Rachel Weisz explained her look, â€œI feel like a punky princess.â€
Implications - Celebrities can oftentimes be trendsetters in and of themselves, and any fashion company hoping to be at the forefront of what might become desirable to consumers in the future would do well to monitor how popular celebrities dress at high profile events. Even unusual crossover outfits like this one can signal a shift in consumer preferences if instigated by the right role model.
Rachel Weisz Rocks Goth Lips at 2009 Costume Institute Gala
1. Celebrity Fashion Influence - Analyzing how popular celebrities dress at high profile events can provide insight into future consumer preferences.
2. Unconventional Crossover Outfits - Unusual outfits worn by celebrities can indicate a shift in consumer preferences.
3. Punky Princess Look - The 'punky princess' fashion trend combines delicate and feminine elements with edgy and unconventional elements.
1. Fashion - Fashion companies can take inspiration from celebrity fashion choices to stay ahead of consumer preferences.
2. Cosmetics - The popularity of goth lipstick worn by celebrities can create an opportunity for cosmetics companies to cater to this edgy trend.
3. Event Planning - Event planners can take inspiration from unconventional crossover outfits to create unique and memorable event experiences.