The 'Tangled Up in Blue' editorial was styled by the London-based fashionista Rachel Bakewell. The young talent brought her eye for color compilation and textures to render a memorable editorial. The style follows the narrative of a shallow and stiff American motel life. Model Farah Holt stars as the glazed Barbies of the washed-out scene.
Photographed by Brian Daly, each shot encompasses a dreary mood and emphasis on the denim couture. The simple composition and artistic direction of the project reminds of the versatility of cherished fabric. The all-blond look of Farah Holt brightens an all-American perspective on denim.
The Tangled Up in Blue editorial by Rachel Bakewell excites viewers for the coming season of denim, with contemporary patchwork and cropped overalls.
The 'Tangled Up in Blue' Series by Rachel Bakewell is Dreary
1. Denim Couture Editorial - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the fashion industry through denim manipulation and experimentation.
2. Barbie-inspired Fashion - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the toy and fashion industry through collaborations that intersect children's toys and fashion.
3. Artistic Direction in Fashion Photography - Opportunity for disruptive innovation in the photography and fashion industry through unique visual storytelling and creative direction.
1. Fashion Industry - Denim manipulation and experimentation in clothing design and innovation in artistic direction in fashion photography.
2. Toy Industry - Collaborations that intersect children's toys and fashion to create new and unique branding strategies and products.
3. Photography Industry - Innovation in visual storytelling and creative direction within fashion photography, as well as new opportunities for editorial collaboration.