There’s a new designer on the funky sunglasses front. Jewelry artist Delfina Delettrez, who is known for her quirky rings and earrings with Murano glass eyeballs, rhinestone-studded frogs and enameled vampire lips is stepping into the highly competitive ring.
Delettrez's trendy glasses are accessorized with tiny jewels for her new collection, which is set to go on sale in February 2009 at Colette in Paris. Enameled eyeballs, skulls, spiders, and other critters dangle from chains, crawl along the frames and are attached to elaborately stylized eyelash arms.
The additional images show some of the jewelry, which will give you an idea of what else can be expected from Delettez’s specs.
Jewelry Designer Delfina Delettrez's Eyewear Collection for 2009
1. Statement Sunglasses - Opportunity to modify traditional sunglasses by adding unusual or eye-catching designs with various materials.
2. Jewelry-inspired Eyewear - Opportunity to combine jewelry elements with sunglasses for a unique fashion accessory.
3. Novelty Eyewear - Opportunity to create unconventional and playful designs for sunglasses that appeal to younger generations.
1. Fashion and Accessories - Industry can merge fashion and jewelry components with eyewear to create innovative products.
2. Luxury Goods - Luxury brands can capitalize on unique designs to create exclusive and highly coveted statement sunglasses.
3. Cosmetics and Beauty - Beauty industry can create makeup and eyewear collaborations to offer cohesive or complementary products.