When considering a puffy winter coat, consumers are left to choose between the warmth of proper insulation, water resistant features that protect against heavy snowfalls and the convenience of compression -- a coat which can be neatly tucked away when not in use. Patagonia has recently addressed this issue, by utilizing a new microfiber called PlumaFill that can entertain all three requirements.
Being described as the ultimate winter coat, the Micro Puff Hoody is water-resistant and well-insulated, all while being able to fold to an unobtrusive size when not being worn. In addition to appearing as the perfect puffy winter jacket, this coat also comes in three colors, making this utility-focused jacket a stylish selection as well.
Patagonia's Puffy Winter Coat is Warm, Lightweight and Compressible
1. Plumafill Insulation - Utilizing new microfiber PlumaFill for jackets that entertain insulation, water-resistant & compressible features presents an opportunity for disruptive innovation in the clothing industry.
2. Lightweight and Compressible Jackets - With consumers seeking multi-functional winter coats that are easy to pack, there is an opportunity for disruptive innovations in the design of lightweight and compressible jackets.
3. Sustainable Winter Jackets - As environmental issues continue to grow, the clothing industry has the opportunity to innovate with sustainable materials while still developing top-notch winter jackets.
1. Clothing - The clothing industry should focus on innovation in the design of lightweight, compressible, and sustainable winter jackets, especially with the rising demand from consumers.
2. Outdoor Gear - Innovations in the outdoor gear industry, especially in the production of lightweight and compressible winter jackets, can lead to significant growth opportunities.
3. Sustainability - As sustainability continues to become more important, an opportunity for disruptive innovation lies in the production of sustainable winter jackets with insulation and water-resistant properties.