In order to raise interest and sales for the print publication, the Público Newspaper Angry Outdoors marketing ploy used the chaotic fowls from the Angry Birds app to wreck buildings in Lisbon.
The company was low on funds and had no budget for advertising except for what may be used to promote itself in its own paper. Since there are many structures in Lisbon that are broken down or dilapidated, Público thought it would be comically creative if it were to place images of the Angry Birds taking down the structures. These photos were made into stickers and handed out in a booklet to people on the streets. Not only did it display a quirky side to the newspaper, but it also expanded the clientele and readership audience by catering to a younger crowd.
The company said that the Público Newspaper Angry Outdoors marketing campaign contains the same "destroy-it-all" attitude that the bashing fowls possess.
The Publico Newspaper Angry Outdoors Ad Uses Angry Birds
1. Creative Street Advertising - Opportunity to use unconventional and eye-catching methods to promote products and services on the streets.
2. Targeting Younger Audiences - Opportunity to attract and engage younger consumers through creative marketing strategies.
3. Brand Extension Through Merchandise - Opportunity to diversify revenue streams and increase brand exposure through the creation and distribution of branded merchandise.
1. Print Publishing - Disruptive innovation opportunity for print publications to find innovative ways to market and attract new readership.
2. Advertising - Disruptive innovation opportunity for advertisers to explore unconventional advertising methods to capture audience attention.
3. Merchandising - Disruptive innovation opportunity for companies to leverage merchandise as a marketing tool to expand brand reach and increase revenue.