The Proenza Schouler Pre-Fall 2012 collection is filled with rich jewel tones and vibrant colors sure to brighten up the darker months. Although this line may adhere to the popular color-blocking fad that gripped the fashion industry late last year and earlier this year, there are subtle differences that set it apart. For instance, these designs rely more heavily on patterns and textures, not to mention a more dramatic aesthetic as well.
Designers Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez were inspired by their recent journey to the Himalayas when creating the Proenza Schouler Pre-Fall 2012 collection. They modeled their tweed jackets after mountaineering parkas, made button-down shirts out of windbreaker nylon and quilted coats and dresses like sleeping bags.
Proenza Schouler Pre-Fall 2012 Collection is Inspired by the Himalayas
1. Rich-jewel Tones - The Proenza Schouler Pre-Fall 2012 Collection adheres to the popular color-blocking trend with subtle differences, such as rich jewel tones and vibrant colors.
2. Pattern and Texture-heavy Designs - The Proenza Schouler Pre-Fall 2012 Collection utilizes patterns and textures over the traditional color-blocking trend, providing an opportunity for innovation in textile design and manufacturing.
3. Inspired-by-travel Collections - Inspiration drawn from travels, such as the Himalayas in the case of Proenza Schouler's Pre-Fall 2012 Collection, can provide a disruptive innovation opportunity for the fashion industry by bringing unique cultural experiences to clothing designs.
1. Fashion - The Proenza Schouler Pre-Fall 2012 Collection provides a potential opportunity for innovation in textile design, fashion travel inspiration and sustainable fashion.
2. Textile Production - The Proenza Schouler Pre-Fall 2012 Collection's pattern and texture-heavy designs offer a disruptive innovation opportunity for textile production by exploring new methods for creating these unique fabrics.
3. Travel and Tourism - As seen in the Proenza Schouler Pre-Fall 2012 Collection, travel and tourism can provide inspiration for the fashion industry to create unique cultural clothing designs. This could be an area for innovation in the travel and tourism industry by offering fashion travel experiences.