Pregnancy tests are expensive and not the most fun purchases to make. Many women might actually prefer to have their own device at hand as a way to minimize some of the stresses surrounding conception. The Preg Aid is the innovative idea of Tien Wei Lien that won him a 2013 Red Dot Design Award. It's a handy gadget to have, even for females outside of the fertile age bracket.
The first things to note about this product are its reusable nature and its wonderfully ergonomic form. It's comfortable to use and comes with disposable HCG test papers that can be discarded following personal examinations; the process is clean and easy. Furthermore, the Preg Aid comes capable of determining gestational diabetes, monitoring leucocytes levels and diagnosing urinary tract infections.
Preg Aid is a Reusable Pregnancy Test and Women's Health Monitor
1. Reusable Pregnancy Tests - Opportunity for companies to create reusable pregnancy tests that allow women to monitor their health in the comfort of their own home.
2. Ergonomic Health Devices - Potential for companies to develop ergonomic health devices that provide comfort and ease of use during personal examinations.
3. Multifunctional Health Monitors - Disruptive innovation opportunity for the creation of health monitors that can not only detect pregnancy but also monitor other health conditions.
1. Women's Health - Opportunity for companies in the women's health industry to develop and market reusable pregnancy tests and health monitors.
2. Medical Devices - Potential for innovation in the medical devices industry to create ergonomic and multifunctional devices for personal health monitoring.
3. Consumer Electronics - Disruptive opportunity for companies in the consumer electronics industry to capitalize on the demand for comfortable and reusable health devices.