Product placement has gone from movies to manga, the latest example being the appearance of Pocky in Japanese cartoons.
Pocky is a type of extremely thin cookie, or biscuit-like stick, coated in flavors like strawberry or chocolate. It’s the sweet coating that gives you the perfect sugar rush for producing the next ‘Death Note’ style manga series.
Pocky was an instant hit among Japanese teenagers, making over 30 billion yen in the first 2 years, despite tasting like cardboard! When it started to be featured in popular anime and manga series, it became a cult candy, driving fans everywhere to buy them by the tonne.
In an anime convention in London, Pocky sold out in mere minutes!
Celebrate a happy Pocky Day on November 11 at 11:11!
(Because 1 represents a Pocky stick)
Anime Fans Go Mad for Pocky
1. Anime Product Placement - Opportunities to product place in popular anime and manga series.
2. Cult-favorite Food Products - Identifying unique and tasty snacks with potential cult followings.
3. Celebrity Endorsements - Utilizing famous personalities to endorse and promote food products.
1. Food and Beverage - Developing and promoting unique and flavorful food products that can develop a cult following and be featured in popular media.
2. Anime and Manga - Creating opportunities for product placement within anime and manga series to promote food, beverage, and other consumer products.
3. Marketing and Advertising - Identifying and leveraging unique marketing opportunities, such as celebrity endorsements and product placement in popular media, to promote food and beverage products.